Become a Member
This policy outlines the procedures and requirements for New Members, and Membership Applications.
Members shall abide by the Constitution and By-Laws of the Finnish Lapphund Club of America, Code of Ethics, and the rules of the American Kennel Club. Members shall always consider the best interest of the breed and the Club.
The membership application forms may be either filled out online at www.finnishlapphund.org, and directly sent to the Corresponding Secretary or downloaded and mailed to the Corresponding Secretary via USPS along with the appropriate fee for the type of membership selected.
Pay Pal is used to pay the new member application fee for your convenience, or a check may be used if that is your preferred method of payment.
New Member Applicants shall have full rights and privileges of the Finnish Lapphund Club of America once approved by the Board of Directors.
- New applications must be complete and have two (2) sponsors from members in good standing with the Finnish Lapphund Club of America who are not members of the same household.
- The new member Sponsor Form may be used for your convenience.
- Completed applications go directly to the Corresponding Secretary for processing.
- Notification shall be sent to the applicant upon receipt of the application and payment. If fee is paid by check, the Corresponding Secretary shall make a copy of the check, and then send to the Treasurer for deposit. If Pay Pal is used, the Treasurer shall notify the Corresponding Secretary of receipt of payment so the application can move to the next step.
- The new member application will then be sent to the board of directors for review, comment, and vote.
- Upon approval, the new applicant shall be immediately notified by the Corresponding Secretary, who shall notify the Public Education Coordinator, so a New Member Mentor may be assigned to help answer any questions, and provide new member information, and also notify the editor of the Finnish Line Newsletter, firstname.lastname@example.org who shall publish a brief bio and welcome the new members in the next available edition of the newsletter.
- The Corresponding Secretary shall notify any applicants who are not accepted for membership. The By-Laws are clear on how an applicant who was not accepted may reapply.
Apply for Membership
Sponsor a New Member
Online Sponsor a New Member Form (Members Only)
THANK YOU FOR APPLYING FOR MEMBERSHIP IN THE FINNISH LAPPHUND CLUB OF AMERICA.